I love fresh corn and I love canned corn. A lot of people use corn from a can because it is so much easier, so here is a way I recently “dressed” mine up.
What Do I Need?
- Stirring Utensil
- Ingredients (see below)
What Are My Ingredients?
- 2 11oz cans Super Sweet Green Giant Yellow/White corn
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 tsp bacon grease
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- *Note: I didn’t see the need to add sugar, but if you want a sweeter taste, you might want to add a dash or two.
How Do I Prepare It?
- Melt butter and bacon grease in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and and half and half, stirring until combined.
- Add corn, heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.