The chocolate version of this recipe is all over the internet, and since I don’t know where it originates from…I am just going to post it I am the chocolate lover in the family…well everyone but my husband is a chocolate lover, so I made a banana cream version for him and he loves them as much as I love my chocolate ones.
What Do I Need?
- 2 mixing bowls and stirring spoon
- Large Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Pastry Bag
- Star Tip
What Are My Ingredients?
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 package Jell-O sugar free instant pudding (your choice of flavor)
How Do I Prepare It?
- Whip one cup of heavy cream, set aside.
- Cream the cream cheese with mixer.
- Add in sour cream, 1/8 cup of whipping cream and 1/8 cup water. Mix well.
- Set mixer aside and stir Jell-O powder into the mixture. (I don’t use entire package…more like 3/4 of the package since we are watching our carb intake.)
- Fold in whipped cream (mixed at the beginning).
- Place some parchment paper onto your cookie sheet.
- Using a pastry bag (I use disposable) with a star tip filled with mixture, pipe onto parchment paper.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to an hour.
These wonderful treats have to stay frozen and eaten quickly once out of the freezer…lest you enjoy licking your fingers after about 5 minutes. I am guilty!
These treats are around 8 calories each and roughly .2 carbs if you are looking for an exact number…I don’t have one. They all come out differently.